Following the recent legislative changes and the issued measures related to the exceptional situation caused by the covid-19 pandemic, we’d like to inform you about the deadlines for submitting tax returns and the social and health insurance reports for the year 2020, as well as about the pardon of certain sanctions connected with these.
The deadline for TAX RETURNS FOR 2020 is:
a) 01.07.2021 for tax payers subject to a compulsory audit and for payers whose return is completed and submitted by their tax adviser
b) 03.05.2021 for other payers, if they submit their return electronically; however, pursuant to the decision of the Minister of Finance, sanctions for late submission of the tax return and for the late payment of the tax have been pardoned, provided that the tax return is submitted and the tax is paid by 01.06.2021 at the latest;
c) 01.04. 2021 for those payers who submit their tax returns in paper form; pursuant to the above-mentioned decision of the Minister of Finance, the pardon of the sanctions for late submission and late payment of the taxes applies even to these person, provided that their tax returns are submitted and taxes are paid by 03.05.2021 at the latest.
Independent contractors are obliged to submit a statement of their income and expenditure for the year 2020 to the relevant social security administration and the relevant insurance company subject to the following deadlines:
- Statement submission by 02.08.2021
- Payment of the surcharge for the year 2020 within 8 days of submitting the statement.
- Statement submitted within one month of submitting the tax return, i.e. at the latest by:
- 03.05.20201, if the tax return was submitted electronically by 01.04.2021 or is submitted in paper form;
- 01.06.2021, if the tax return was submitted electronically after 01.04.2021;
- 02.08.2021, if the tax return was submitted by a tax advisor after 01.04.2021;
- The surcharge is payable within 8 days of submitting the statement
- Should the statement be submitted after the statutory deadline, but by 30.06.2021 at the latest, and should the potential surcharge for the year 2020 be paid by then, the sanctions for late submission of the statement and the late payment of the surcharge will be pardoned.